by AJ on August 15, 2012
Here’s how you can watch YouTube on your TV today using your iPhone as control.
1) Purchase a supported device (list below)
- Samsung SmartTV and Bluray players (2011, 2012 models)
- LG Smart TV and Bluray players (2011, 2102 models)
- Sony TV (non-Bravia model, 2012 models)
- Panasonic Vierra TV (2012 models)
- Virgin Media STB
- Tivo Premiere
- Telecom Italia STB
- Western Digital TV Live Hub
- Toshiba TVs and Bluray players (2011, 2012 models)
2) On your YouTube TV screen, open the YouTube app or go to http://www.youtube.com/leanback. Navigate to MY YOUTUBE, then move to the right and select Pair.
3) Pair your iPhone
On your mobile device:
a) Open YouTube for Mobile (m.youtube.com) in the browser.
b) Touch Menu Grid at the top of the Home page.
c) Touch located at the bottom of the page.
d) Enter the pairing code shown on YouTube TV. You may choose to enter a name for this screen in the second field.
4) Touch Add Screen. On your mobile device, you can now select a video to watch on YouTube TV!
Here’s how the screen on the iPhone looks like when playing a YouTube video to your TV screen.
I can’t wait for the native YouTube app for PS3!
UPDATE: YouTube for PS3 is now available for North America!