by AJ on November 1, 2012
If you see a recurring smudge like dirt on your photos, it might be a sensor dust. It can be cleaned by either you or a service center. But you can do this quite easily.
Here are the steps on how to clean sensor dust/s on a Canon 1100D (T3):
1) Go to your camera menu and find “Clean Manually”, select that and then your mirror should lock
2) Remove your lens
3) Blow air on the sensor slowly and carefully
4) Put your lens back
5) Turn off your camera, your mirror should unlock
6) Now zoom all the way to a white flat and really clean surface, focus and take a shot
7) Download the photo (you just shot) to your computer
8) Check the photo if it still has the sensor dust/smudge
9) If you don’t see anything anymore, congratulations! You just cleaned your sensor!
10) If yes, repeat steps 1-8 until you reach #9
Hope this helps out all Canon T3 (1100D) users like me.