Do subscription pop-ups annoy readers? In my opinion, absolutely. I completely hate them. Especially when they’re hard to close.
Some key statistics on pop-ups
- 70% of Americans say they get annoyed by irrelevant pop-up ads
- The #1 reason why people would block a site is annoying ads
- There are 2,000+ threads in the eBay community dedicated to annoying pop-ups
At the same time…
- Pop-ups can double the subscription rate
- Entrepreneur.com increased their sales by 162%, subscriptions by 86 %
- Visual Website Optimizer upped sign-ups by 50% with a pop-up form
What’s your take?